TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF STATE HEALTH SERVICES
Coronavirus (COVID-19) General Information:
Symptoms of COVID-19 – Fever, Cough & Shortness of Breath.
Prevention of COVID-19 – DSHS recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of any respiratory virus, including :
● Wash hands often for 20 seconds and encourage others to do the same.
● If no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
● Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, knobs, and other places touched often.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
How COVID-19 Spreads – The virus is thought to spread mainly from person to person:
● Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
● Via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
● Email: email@example.com
● Phone: For questions about COVID‑19, dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6.
● Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., 7 days per week
Source Page – www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – the leading national public health institute of the United States.
Phone: 1 (800) 232-4636
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – a United States government agency that provides support to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Internal Revenue Service – is the revenue service of the United States federal government.
Tax Day now July 15 – Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount owed.
Economic Impact Payment – a stimulus check.
● $1,200 for individuals with income up to $75,000
● $1,200 for the head of household with income up to $112,500
● $2,400 for married filing jointly with income up to $150,000
● additional $500 per qualifying child each eligible child under 17
● Taxpayers who will automatically receive their economic impact payment without additional steps include: filed a federal Income Tax for 2018 or 2019, receive Social Security Retirement, Disability (SSDI) or Survivor Benefits, and or receive Railroad Retirement.
Website (Non-Filers): irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
National Domestic Violence Hotline – help victims, survivors of domestic violence.
Phone: 1 (800) 799-7233
National Center on Elder Abuse – provides the latest information regarding research, training, best practices, news and resources on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation to professionals and the public.
Phone: 1 (855) 500-3537
Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) – a department that provides state-operated health care services, including hospitals, health centers, and health agencies.
2-1-1 Texas – program of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, is committed to helping Texas citizens connect with the services they need.
● Phone: Dial 2‑1‑1
● Website: www.211texas.org
Relay Texas 7-1-1 – is a simple, easy-to-remember toll-free number that can be used to access a telephone relay service from any location in the U.S; to call a deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-disabled individual.
● Phone: Dial 7‑1‑1
● Website: relaytexas.com/about-texas-captel
Mental Health Support Line: 1 (833) 986-1919
Phone: For questions about COVID‑19, dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6.
Dallas / Fort Worth Small Business Administration (SBA) – a United States government agency that provides support to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Texas Workforce Commission – a governmental agency in the U.S. State of Texas that provides unemployment benefits and services related to employment to eligible individuals and businesses.
Phone: 1 (800) 558-8321 or 1 (800) 939-6631
● Area Codes Beginning with #9 – Mon – Wed – Fri – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00p.m.
● Area Codes Beginning with #3, #4, #5 or #6 – Mon – Wed – Fri – 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
● Area Codes Beginning with #7, #8 – Tues – Thurs – Sat 8:00 a.m. –12:00p.m.
● Area Codes Beginning with #2 – Tues – Thurs – Sat 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Texas Education Agency / Free Meal Finder – a statewide resource for free school meal pick-up locations.
Website (MealFinder): txschools.gov
Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities – helps people with developmental disabilities achieve their potential for independence, productivity and integration into their communities by working to develop a comprehensive system of service and support in Texas.
Phone: (512) 437-5432 or 1 (800) 262-0334
TEXAS.GOV – to donate/sell or volunteer medical services.
Consumer Protection Division of Texas AG – File a consumer complaint or report price gouging.
Phone: 1 (800) 621-0508
Department of Family and Protective Services – protects children and vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
Texas Abuse Hotline: 1 (800) 252-5400
Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) – protects Dallas County residents through disease prevention and intervention, and promoting a healthy community and environment.
Criteria for Testing:
● Shortness of breath
● Must show a temperature of 99.6 or higher
Drive-Thru Testing Sites:
● Parking Lot E at the American Airlines Center- 2500 Victory Avenue in Dallas.
● The Ellis Davis Field House – 9191 South Polk Street in Dallas.
Drive-Thru Testing Time:
● 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Please note, due to limited supply, there are only 250 tests per day, per site. Locations will close when tests are depleted.
Business Questions about Stay Home Stay Safe: BusinessCovid19@DallasCounty.org
Mental Health Support Line: 1 (833) 251-7544
Phone: (214) 819-2000 or COVID-19 Hotline: (972) 692-2780
City of Balch Springs – cityofbalchsprings.com
City of Combine – combinetx.com/
City of Dallas – dallascityhall.com/Pages/Corona
City of Garland – garlandtx.gov/3716/City-Service
City of Mesquite – cityofmesquite.com/Coronavirus
City of Rowlett – rowlett.tx.us/CivicAlerts
City of Seagoville – seagoville.us/
City of Sunnyvale – townofsunnyvale.org/CivicAlerts
Dallas I.S.D – dallasisd.org/covid19
Garland I.S.D – garlandisd.net/content/coronavirus
Mesquite I.S.D – mesquiteisd.org/community
Sunnyvale I.S.D – sunnyvaleisd.com/domain/704